ILC GDE Director's Updates
[ Director's Updates Archive ]
GDE Executive Committee: Public Meeting Minutes
13 July 2006
Present: B. Barish, G. Dugan. T. Raubenheimer, N. Walker, K. Yokoya, M. Hronek (sec)
Absent: M. Nozaki
No Guest this week.
Public Minutes – Change to Max in 24hrs then post
Announcement – None
Scope Study and Savings
- Reduction of costs from the design POC
- Engineering is not the issue
- Design is the issue
- What can we change and what does it save?
- Take a look now that we have costs
- Is the machine going to be too expensive
- Proposal to open costs to a bigger group comes back to the confidentiality issue
- 2 nd document written reflects guidelines
- Someone needs to be able to reinforce the guidelines (convener, chair)
- These clarifications will be made
Access to costs
- This goes back to the European rules
- Who gets the costs and who needs to know
- These guidelines must be out before Vancouver
- This will generate questions but we must deal with them as they come.
Add’l group of cost reviewers
- Combined RDR Mgt and EC will guide the costing studies
- Decision disappointing. No resources from CERN
- What does DESY require? A request for the directorate from the GDE? Nick will talk to Lars.
- We can agree on this in Vancouver and release a statement
- Do we pay CERN for Indico and EDMS support?
- Timescale is very slow with the common fund. We need a plan before announcement & resources from DESY.
- Write up is not good. Invite Hasan and Tom to EC meeting at VLCW.
- Tor to send out comments. Barry will contact Robin in a week.
- January meeting to be in the UK – date are being sent around for comments
- Japan MAC meeting needs a Charge. We are still waiting.
Speaker for TESLA Meeting
- Suggest two speakers -- Chairs of S0/S1 and S2.