ILC GDE Director's Updates
[ Director's Updates Archive ]
GDE Executive Committee: Public Meeting Minutes
10 August 2006
B. Barish, G. Dugan, B. Foster, T. Raubenheimer, K. Yokoya, M. Hronek (sec)
M. Nozaki, N. Walker
N. Toge, W. Bialowans, T. Shidara, P. Garbincius
Cost Confidentiality and the CCB Process – How do we proceed?
- Details of the exchanges during the costing data (non-)disclosure
business are recorded in the memo from Toge (CCB-CE-20060810a.doc).
- N. Toge, 2 issues concerning cost data
1. Need to be able to decide what belongs in the costs?
2. Need to evaluate CR’s with area systems, including the cost impact
Discussion followed of how to give CCB needed cost information to factor cost considerations into CCB decisions. Nobu to write down the agreed to guidelines.
- Public Minutes: 24 hours for comments then Max will post
- (Barry) Brief meeting in DC. PG and BB had a meeting with D. Lehmann. It consisted mainly PG going through methodology.
- What if when reviewing we come out with the wrong answers?
- Ex: SLAC projects – costs coming higher than expected.
- We need to talk to people with experience
- Tor to look into SLAC issues
- ITER: extra costs now found in Nuclear safety issues ( siting/have all the info)
- Safety in France is a big problem
- We need to be aware of all our safety issues.
- DL was interested in our internal reviewing, the more internal reviews we have – the easier the job. Find notable people to look on costing.
- Is this a good idea – who would we use?
- Where there any names offered?
- Most suggestions were American – it needs to be more regional/international.
- (Barry) Meeting with Ray Orbach
- Informational meeting only, no #’s were discussed and he didn’t ask.
- RDR Mgmt Meeting
- Discussed the KEK meeting agenda
- Details are on the spreadsheet
- Cost Reduction Item – EP gave e+ source report
- Mandate Parameter Group
- WWS reacted negatively. They should respond to physics questions
- It could be helpful for us; we could invite Rolf to EC meeting.
- Agreed and ideas should be sent to BB
- Charge for Review (spring 2007)
- Find Int’l forum for our costing
- Preliminary charge written looking at costing for direction for the EDR