ILC GDE Director's Updates
[ Director's Updates Archive ]
GDE Executive Committee: Public Meeting Minutes
13 January 2007
Present: B. Barish, T. Raubenheimer, G. Dugan, B. Foster, N. Walker, K. Yokoya, M. Nozaki, M. Hronek (sec)
- Keep adding to the list.
- We will shorten the list, with process by Barry
- Replace RDR management board with PM and his support team
- Will need Statement of Work(s) with milestones
- Need deliverables with reports
- Start as soon as possible
- Integration with Accel.
- Drives R&D and design
- Needs to integrate w what we have such as Accelerator Exp., extra credentials are bonus such as good speaker, integrations expert.
- Drives cost/ must be disciplined
- International group (CE's) becomes our cost and schedule group.
- Must be able to travel. Travel will consist of more than just meetings. Must be hands on with what is going on in labs globally.
- See that work is getting done. Good relationship with labs.
- PM need VERY strong support regionally and internationally.
- Question of location to be discussed w/ PM assignment, but the decision is made directly by Barry.
- Working groups to set preliminary work packages.
- We need direction to tech systems
- Think about risk assessment
- Executive summary - draft by Jan. 23