Second International Accelerator School for Linear Colliders
1-10 October 2007
Ettore Majorana Center, Erice (Sicily), Italy
Organised by the ILC GDE, ILCSC and ICFA Beam Dynamics Panel
Based on the success of the first school last year in Japan and the needs from the high-energy physics community, the GDE, ILCSC and ICFA Beam Dynamics Panel will organise a Second International Accelerator School for Linear Colliders. The primary focus of the school will be on the International Linear Collider (ILC), but it will also cover multi-TeV colliders, such as the Compact Linear Collider (CLIC). The target students are graduate students from universities around the world, postdoctoral fellows and junior researchers. We welcome applications from physicists who are considering changing their career from experimental physics to accelerator physics. The school will be in lecture style, but no university credit will be offered.
- Linear Collider Basics
- Super Conducting & Warm RF Technology
- Beam Dynamics of Collider Linac & Damping Rings
- ILC and its Major Systems
- Detectors and Physics
- Maximum number of students is 70
- Students will receive financial aid for covering the expenses for attending this school, including airfare, lodging, meals, local transportation and school supplies.
- Application qualification: graduate students, post doctoral fellows, junior researchers.
- Online registration only.
- Requirements: registration form, CV, one recommendation letter.
- Registration fee: free.
- Registration deadline: June 1, 2007
- First Announcement - 3 April 2007 (pdf)
- Curriculum (pdf)
- Lecturers (pdf)
- Students (pdf)
- ILC Newsline articles
Online Application – Application is closed. Applicants will be informed by the end of June if they are accepted.
ContactCynthia M. Sazama
Fermilab, P.O. Box 500
Batavia, Illinois 60510, U.S.A.