Third International Accelerator School for Linear Colliders
19-29 October 2008
Oak Brook Hills Marriott Hotel, Oak Brook, Illinois, USA
Organised by the ILC GDE, ILCSC and ICFA Beam Dynamics Panel
Based on the success of the first two international accelerator schools (2006 in Japan, 2007 in Italy) and the needs from the high-energy physics community, the GDE, ILCSC and ICFA Beam Dynamics Panel will organise a Third International Accelerator School for Linear Colliders. The focus of the school will be on TeV-scale linear colliders including the International Linear Collider (ILC) and the Compact Linear Collider (CLIC). The target students are graduate students, postdoctoral fellows and junior researchers from around the world. We welcome applications from physicists who are considering changing their career from experimental physics to accelerator physics. The school will be in lecture style. There will be homework assignments and a final examination, but no university credit will be offered.
- Linear Collider Basics
- Super Conducting & Warm RF Technology
- Beam Dynamics of Collider Linac & Damping Rings
- ILC and its Major Systems
- Detectors and Physics
- Maximum number of students is 70
- Students will receive financial aid for covering the expenses for attending this school, including airfare, lodging, meals, local transportation and school supplies.
- Application qualification: graduate students, post doctoral fellows, junior researchers.
- Online registration only.
- Requirements: registration form, CV, one recommendation letter.
- Registration fee: free.
- Registration deadline: May 15, 2008
Online Application Application is closed. Applicants will be informed by middle of June if they are accepted.
General information Posted: October 13th, 2008
- Announcement - February 2008 (pdf)
- Curriculum (pdf)
- List of participants (pdf)
- List of lecturers (pdf)
- Programme (link to ILCAgenda)
- From ILC Newsline:
Third International Accelerator School for Linear Colliders: apply now (8 May 2008),
Training the next generation of accelerator scientists (22 January 2009)
Information for visa application
- Instructions for Visa application: general (pdf)
- Instructions for Visa application: step-by-step (pdf)
- Template home institution letter (doc, Word)
- Useful information about visa to the United States
- Barry Barish (GDE/Caltech, Co-Chair)
- Shin-ichi Kurokawa (KEK, Co-Chair)
- Weiren Chou (ICFA BD Panel/Fermilab)
- Rolf-Dieter Heuer (DESY)
- Jean-Pierre Delahaye (CERN)
- In Soo Ko (PAL)
- Kaoru Yokoya (KEK)
- Alex Chao (SLAC)
- Paul Grannis (Stony Brook Univ.)
- Weiren Chou (Fermilab, Chair)
- William Barletta (USPAS)
- Daniel Brandt (CERN)
- Alex Chao (SLAC)
- Jie Gao (IHEP/China)
- Shin-ichi Kurokawa (KEK)
- Carlo Pagani (INFN/Milano)
- Junji Urakawa (KEK)
- Andrzej Wolski (Univ. of Liverpool)
ContactCynthia M. Sazama
Fermilab, P.O. Box 500
Batavia, Illinois 60510, U.S.A.