Fifth International Accelerator School for Linear Colliders
25 October – 5 November 2010
Organised by the ILC GDE, CLIC and ICFA Beam Dynamics Panel
This school is a continuation of the series of schools started four years ago (2006 in Japan, 2007 in Italy, 2008 in the US and 2009 in China). Based on the needs from the high-energy physics community, the ILC GDE, CLIC and ICFA Beam Dynamics Panel will organise a Fifth International Accelerator School for Linear Colliders. The focus of the school will be on TeV-scale linear colliders including the International Linear Collider (ILC), the Compact Linear Collider (CLIC) and the muon collider. The target students are graduate students, postdoctoral fellows and junior researchers from around the world. We welcome applications from physicists who are considering changing their career from experimental physics to accelerator physics. This school is adopting an in depth approach. Therefore, former students are welcome to apply if they have a compelling reason to do so. The school will be in lecture style. There will be homework assignments and a final examination, but no university credit will be offered.
- Overview of TeV-scale future lepton colliders (ILC, CLIC and the muon collider)
- Accelerator physics for sources, damping rings, linacs and beam delivery system
- Super conducting and warm RF technology, LLRF and high power RF
- Maximum number of students is 70.
- Students will receive financial aid for covering the expenses for attending this school, including airfare, lodging, meals, local transportation and school supplies.
- Application qualification: graduate students, post doctoral fellows, junior researchers.
- Former students are allowed to apply.
- Online registration only.
- Requirements: registration form, CV, one recommendation letter.
- Registration fee: free.
- Application deadline: June 15, 2010
Application is closed. Applicants will be informed in July if they are accepted.
- Announcement – March 2010 (pdf)
- Curriculum (pdf)
- Syllabus (pdf)
- List of students (pdf) (Course A, Course B)
- Lecturers (pdf)
- Programme (link to ILCAgenda)
- From ILC Newsline:
- Linear Collider Accelerator School
- Students admitted to the fifth Linear Collider accelerator school
- Coming up: the fifth International Accelerator School on Linear Colliders
- From symmetry magazine: A field where jobs go begging
- From EuCARD: Accelerated learning for linear colliders
CH-1211, Geneva 23, Switzerland