Sixth International Accelerator School for Linear Colliders
6 November – 17 November 2011
Asilomar Conference Center, Pacific Grove, California, USA
Organised by the ILC GDE, CLIC and ICFA Beam Dynamics Panel
This school is a continuation of the series of schools started five years ago (2006 in Japan, 2007 in Italy, 2008 in the U.S., 2009 in China and 2010 in Switzerland). Based on the needs from the high-energy physics community, the ILC GDE, CLIC and ICFA Beam Dynamics Panel will organise a Sixth International Accelerator School for Linear Colliders. The focus of the school will be on TeV-scale linear colliders including the International Linear Collider (ILC), the Compact Linear Collider (CLIC) and the Muon Collider. The target students are graduate students, postdoctoral fellows and junior researchers from around the world. We welcome applications from physicists who are considering changing their career from experimental physics to accelerator physics. This school is adopting an in depth approach. Therefore, former students are welcome to apply if they have a compelling reason to do so. The school will be in lecture style. There will be homework assignments and a final examination, but no university credit will be offered.
- Overview of TeV-scale future lepton colliders (ILC, CLIC and the Muon Collider)
- Accelerator physics for sources, damping rings, linacs and beam delivery system
- Super conducting and warm RF technology, LLRF and high power RF, and beam instrumentation
- Maximum number of students is 70.
- Students will receive financial aid (full or partial) for covering the expenses for attending this school, including airfare, lodging, meals, local transportation and school supplies.
- Application qualification: graduate students, post doctoral fellows, junior researchers.
- Former students are allowed to apply.
- Online registration only
- Requirements: registration form, CV, one recommendation letter
- Registration fee: free
- Application deadline: June 30, 2011
Application is closed. Applicants will be informed in July or early August if they are accepted.
- Announcement – March 2011 (pdf)
- Curriculum (pdf)
- List of students (pdf) (Course A, Course B)
- Programme (link to ILCAgenda)
- Lecturers (pdf)
- From ILC NewsLine:
- Linear Collider Accelerator School, 19 January 2012, by Barry Barish
- How to become an accelerator physicist, 12 May 2011, by Barry Barish
SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory
2575 Sand Hill Road, Menlo Park, CA 94025, U.S.A.