Seventh International Accelerator School for Linear Colliders
27 November – 8 December 2012
Radisson Blu Hotel, Indore, India
Organised by the ILC GDE, CLIC and ICFA Beam Dynamics PanelHosted by Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology
This school is a continuation of the series of schools started six years ago (2006 in Japan, 2007 in Italy, 2008 in the U.S., 2009 in China, 2010 in Switzerland and 2011 in the U.S.). Based on the needs from the high-energy physics community, the ILC GDE, CLIC and ICFA Beam Dynamics Panel will organise a Seventh International Accelerator School for Linear Colliders. The focus of the school will be on TeV-scale linear colliders including the International Linear Collider (ILC), the Compact Linear Collider (CLIC) and the Muon Collider. The target students are graduate students, postdoctoral fellows and junior researchers from around the world. We welcome applications from physicists who are considering changing their career from experimental physics to accelerator physics. This school is adopting an in depth approach. Therefore, former students are welcome to apply if they have a compelling reason to do so. The school will be in lecture style. There will be homework assignments and a final examination, but no university credit will be offered.
- Overview of TeV-scale future lepton colliders (ILC, CLIC, Muon Collider and other advanced colliders)
- Accelerator physics for sources, damping rings, linacs and beam delivery system
- Super conducting and warm RF technology, LLRF and high power RF, beam instrumentation
- Maximum number of students is 70.
- Students will receive financial aid (full or partial) for covering the expenses for attending this school, including airfare, lodging, meals, local transportation and school supplies.
- Application qualification: graduate students, post doctoral fellows, junior researchers.
- Former students are allowed to apply.
- Online application only.
- Requirements: registration form, CV, one recommendation letter.
- Application fee: free.
- Application deadline: July 20, 2012
Application is closed. Applicants will be informed if they are accepted.
Satish C. Joshi
Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology
Indore, M. P. – 452013, India