Public Transportation |
Driving Directions |
Google map of locations
- Airports Serving Chicago: www.flychicago.com
Transit directions to UIC (pdf for printing)
Detailed maps of campus may be downloaded from the UIC website. The east side visitors map will have the meeting locations of the UIC Forum and Student Center East.
- We strongly encourage participants to utilize the city's mass transit options. Cabs are also plentiful at the airports and hotels.
- Cab rates and information may be found on the City of Chicago website here.
In general, you may expect your fare from O'Hare Airport to the hotels to be $30-35 and your fare from Midway Airport to the hotels to be $22-28.
An online tool to calculate cab fare around the city may be found at chicago.taxiwiz.com.
- CTA maps and information:
- Accessible transportation:
- Public transit information directed towards accessibility may be found here.
- If you are in need of special accommodations, please alert the secretariat at lcws08 @ uic.edu. We will be happy to be of service.
- From the north
- Take the Kennedy Expressway (I-90/94) and take the Taylor St. exit 52A – toward Roosevelt Rd. Stay straight to go onto S. Union Ave. Turn right onto Roosevelt Rd. The Forum will be on your left, with parking at Roosevelt and Morgan two blocks to the west.
- From the west
- Take the (I-290) Eisenhower Expressway.
Merge onto I-90 E/ I-94 E and take the Taylor St. exit 52A – toward Roosevelt Rd.
Stay straight to go onto S. Union Ave. Turn right onto Roosevelt Rd. The Forum will be on your left, with parking at Roosevelt and Morgan two blocks to the west.
- From the east
- Take Harrison Street or Roosevelt Road; if you take Roosevelt Road, go west past Halsted Street to the parking lot at Morgan.
- From the the south
- Take the Dan Ryan Expressway (I-90/94) and take Exit 52B toward Roosevelt Rd./Taylor St. Stay straight to go onto Ruble St. and turn left onto W. Roosevelt Rd. The Forum will be on your left, with parking at Roosevelt and Morgan two blocks to the west.
- From O'Hare Airport
- Take 190 which becomes I-90 E and then I-90/94 (Kennedy Expressway). Then follow directions from the north (see above).
- From Midway Airport
Take IL-50 N/ S CICERO AVE North to I 55 N (Stevenson Expressway)
Merge onto I-90 W/ I-94 W/ DAN RYAN EXPY W via EXIT 292A toward WISCONSIN.
Then follow directions from the south (see above).
- Parking will be available in UIC Parking Lot 5, located one block west of the UIC Forum in between Taylor Street and Roosevelt Road. Entrances to the lot are on Morgan Street. A special rate of $7 per day is being offered to conference participants. You must park in Lot 5 to secure this rate.
You will be asked to pay upon arrival. To secure the discounted rate prior to registration, simply tell the attendant you are with the International Linear Collider Workshop. After registration simply show your conference badge to the attendant upon entering the lot to secure the discounted rate. Please be sure to save the ticket you will receive each day and show it when you exit to avoid being charged again.
UIC Parking offers the following special services:
-Assistance with vehicle lockouts
Motorist assistance is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For assistance, please call: (312) 355-0555