Table of Contents

Committee Meetings

2006.10.19

EDMS meeting call in info: 510-665-5437, Meeting ID#0669
Time: 0730(SLAC), 0930(FNAL/ANL), 1530 (UK), 1630(CERN), 2330 (KEK)

Agenda

2006.10.12

EDMS meeting call in info: 510-665-5437, Meeting ID#0669
Time: 0730(SLAC), 0930(FNAL/ANL), 1530 (UK), 1630(CERN), 2330 (KEK)

Agenda

2006.10.05

EDMS meeting call in info: 510-665-5437, Meeting ID#0669
Time: 0730(SLAC), 0930(FNAL/ANL), 1530 (UK), 1630(CERN), 2330 (KEK)

Agenda

2006.09.28

EDMS meeting call in info: 510-665-5437, Meeting ID#0669
Time: 0730(SLAC), 0930(FNAL/ANL), 1530 (UK), 1630(CERN), 2330 (KEK)

Agenda

2006.09.21

EDMS meeting call in info: 510-665-5437, Meeting ID#0669
Time: 0730(SLAC), 0930(FNAL/ANL), 1530 (UK), 1630(CERN), 2330 (KEK)

Agenda

2006.09.14

EDMS meeting call in info: 510-665-5437, Meeting ID#7700
Time: 0730(SLAC), 0930(FNAL/ANL), 1530 (UK), 1630(CERN), 2330 (KEK)

Agenda

Link to INDICO with relevant material http://ilcagenda.cern.ch/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=1129

Minutes

1) CERN-FNAL development of indico: Jean Yves feels that joint development is possible and desireable. There will be further contact after Barry Barish officially responds to the FNAL offer. A list of ~200 suggestions for improvements is maintained by the developers. J-Y promised to send around a url so we can see what's on it and to give Maura & me priveleges to augment it. Developments must be coordinated. There is a good existing collaboration between CERN and Laussane and every reason to expect a mutually beneficial relationship between FNAL and CERN. A visit of the FNAL responsible party to CERN will be arranged after the dust settles.

2) Maura & Jean Yves report on CDS (now called Invenio) progress for ILC this week. Please see Maura's slides posted on indico. Notably:

- M & JY have augmented the types of “real collections” to include notes, internal notes and others

- The “Conferences & Meetings” “real collection” will be filled in Invenio/CDS by a daemon (currently runnig 1x/day) from INDICO. This has been implemented and one can collect and search on all (currently 710) “Events” (meetings, workshops, seminars) and on all (currently 2740) “talks & contributions” submitted at those meetings. The display, default order and search fields for these collections needs to be tuned. Your advice on this is requested! TRY IT!!!!! After a debugging/development period we would like to announce existence of this SEARCH tool to the greater ILC community.

- A slot for “engineering and drawings” has been reserved for similar harvesting from DESY/ILC Teamcenter. Lars, please contact Jean Yves & Maura to understand the best way to proceed.

- M & JY have begun to implement the “Virtual Collections”. Now the AREA SYSTEMS have been defined. In order to see how it works, Maura “hard wired” the talks stored in indico for BDS http://ilcagenda.cern.ch/categoryDisplay.py?categId=9

As, when Andrei posts talks to the system he typically submits them as “material”, rather than as contributions by a given author, the connection to the presenter is hidden. However, this gives you an idea of what system can do.

- M & JY want input on other “Virtual collections” and on a NUMBERING SCHEME for these documents. They will procuce a description of the CERN numbering scheme. We all should think about what the ILC and its detectors need.

2006.07.13

EDMS meeting call in info: 510-665-5437, Meeting ID#7700
Time: 0730(SLAC), 0930(FNAL/ANL), 1530 (UK), 1630(CERN), 2330 (KEK)

Agenda

See 2006.02.23 Meeting for list

2006.07.06

EDMS meeting call in info: 510-665-5437, Meeting ID#7700
Time: 0730(SLAC), 0930(FNAL/ANL), 1530 (UK), 1630(CERN), 2330 (KEK)

Agenda

2006.06.29

EDMS meeting call in info: 510-665-5437, Meeting ID#7700
Time: 0730(SLAC), 0930(FNAL/ANL), 1530 (UK), 1630(CERN), 2330 (KEK)

Agenda

2006.06.08

EDMS meeting call in info: 510-665-5437, Meeting ID#7700
Time: 0730(SLAC), 0930(FNAL/ANL), 1630(CERN/DESY), 2330 (KEK)

Agenda

2006.06.01

EDMS meeting call in info: 510-665-5437, Meeting ID#7700
Time: 0730(SLAC), 0930(FNAL/ANL), 1630(CERN/DESY), 2330 (KEK)

Agenda

2006.05.25

EDMS meeting call in info: 510-665-5437, Meeting ID#7700
Time: 0730(SLAC), 0930(FNAL/ANL), 1630(CERN/DESY), 2330 (KEK)

Agenda

2006.05.18

EDMS meeting call in info: 510-665-5437, Meeting ID#7700
Time: 0730(SLAC), 0930(FNAL/ANL), 1630(CERN/DESY), 2330 (KEK)

Agenda

2006.05.04

EDMS meeting call in info: 510-665-5437, Meeting ID#4809
Time: 0730(SLAC), 0930(FNAL/ANL), 1630(CERN/DESY), 2330 (KEK)

Agenda

2006.04.20

EDMS meeting call in info: 510-665-5437, Meeting ID#3910
Time: 0730(SLAC), 0930(FNAL/ANL), 1630(CERN/DESY), 2330 (KEK)

Agenda

2006.04.13

EDMS meeting call in info: 510-665-5437, Meeting ID#3910
Time: 0730(SLAC), 0930(FNAL/ANL), 1630(CERN/DESY), 2330 (KEK)

Action Items

2006.04.06

EDMS meeting call in info: 510-665-5437, Meeting ID#3000
Time: 0800(SLAC), 1000(FNAL+Nobu), 1700(CERN/DESY)

Agenda

Email from CERN

In order to answer and take into account as much as possible the recommendations of the ILC EDMS selection committee , the DG decided to launch a two months study under the responsibility of a very competent expert on managemment tools, of a close integration of all CERN management tools in a coherent environment and coherent infrastructure with a common web interface to the users and possibly an horizontal foundation. This integration was foreseen to be done after the completion of the LHC, but the DG decided to advance the study and possibly launch the project in order to answer the present ILC needs and request. The study will include:

If the resources are affordable, a project will then be launched and the ILC will be offered to use this integrated set of tools as a coherent ensemble with the CERN support. In any case, we strongly recommend that the support of the management tools should not be distributed but under the responsibility of a single laboratory.

2006.03.30

EDMS meeting call in info: 510-665-5437, Meeting ID#1985
Time: 0730(SLAC), 0930(FNAL), 1730(CERN/DESY), 0030(KEK on 31-Mar)

Summary

2006.03.23

EDMS meeting call in info: 510-665-5437, Meeting ID#6130
Time: 0730(SLAC), 0930(FNAL), 1630(CERN/DESY), 0030(KEK on 24-Mar)

Action Items

2006.03.10

Progress Report to GDE at Bangalore Meeting
05 March Version

2006.03.02

EDMS meeting call in info: 510-665-5437, Meeting ID#0384
Time: 0730(SLAC), 0930(FNAL), 1630(CERN/DESY), 0030(KEK on 03-Mar)

Agenda of EDMS Meeting

2006.02.23

EDMS meeting call in info: 510-665-5437, Meeting ID#0384
Time: 0730(SLAC), 0930(FNAL), 1630(CERN/DESY), 0030(KEK on 24-Feb)

Agenda of EDMS Meeting

  1. Updated requirements document
  2. Justification of choice(s)
  3. Implementation plan
  4. Support model
  5. Upgrade path and schedule
  6. ILC specific “ueser guides”
  7. Access rights
  8. Interfacing EDMS to Special & to Arbitrary CAD systems
  9. Interfacing EDMS tree to WBS costing software
  10. Interfacing EDMS tree to Primevera project management software
  11. A.O.B.

2006.02.16

EDMS meeting call in info: 510-665-5437, Meeting ID#0384
Time: 0730(SLAC), 0930(FNAL), 1630(CERN/DESY), 0030(KEK on 17-Feb)

Agenda of EDMS Meeting

2006.02.14

EDMS meeting call in info: 510-665-5437, Meeting ID#8728
Time: 0630(SLAC), 0830(FNAL), 1530(CERN/DESY), 2330(KEK)

Agenda of EDMS Meeting

2006.02.09

EDMS meeting call in info: 510-665-5437, Meeting ID#0384
Time: 0730(SLAC), 0930(FNAL), 1630(CERN/DESY), 0030(KEK on 10-Feb)

Agenda of EDMS Meeting

Eric's presentation

2006.02.02

EDMS meeting call in info: 510-665-5437, Meeting ID#0384
Time: 0730(SLAC), 0930(FNAL), 1630(CERN/DESY), 0030(KEK on 03-Feb)

Agenda of EDMS Meeting

2006.01.26

EDMS meeting call in info: 510-665-5437, Meeting ID#0384
Time: 0730(SLAC), 0930(FNAL), 1630(CERN/DESY), 0030(KEK on 27-Jan)

Agenda of EDMS Meeting

Discussion of implementation plan for InDiCo
  1. First Tree
  2. Selection of
    • Administrators
    • Contribution Managers
    • Session Coordinators
    • Session Manager
    • Submitters
    • Track Coordinators
  3. Users
    • User Registration
    • Instructions to Users
    • Beta Testers
  4. Content Filling
  1. Conferences
  1. Timescales, when to go public
Discussion of last week's CDS presentation and thoughts on how to proceed
Discussion of technical EDMS issues common to TeamCenter and CERN
Report on discussions of CERN technical support


2006.01.19

Video Meeting: ESNET#88452367
Video stream available at http://198.128.3.172
(enter conference id as 88452367 and ignore pin
Phone: 1-510-883-7860 extension = meeting id = 85452367

Time: 0730(SLAC), 0930(FNAL), 1630(CERN/DESY), 0030(KEK on 20-Jan)

Agenda

Demo of CERN Document System by Jean Yves Le Meur

2006.01.12

EDMS meeting call in info: 510-665-5437, Meeting ID#0384

Progress Report to GDE Exec via

Agenda of EDMS Meeting

2006.01.03

This ~30min meeting had poor attendance due to the holidays. Lars Hagge & Tom Markiewicz discussed

1) Fermilab temporary document db:

2) A request from Peter Garbinicus (Design & Cost Board Chair) for information on how we can map EDMS information into PRIMEVERA which the DCB seems to be settling on as their tool for cost & schedule planning.

3) A request from Barry through his admin Maxine Hronek that we set up InDiCo, assuming choice has been made, for

4) The general need to come to a rapid, yet considered and defensible, decision on the EDMS and the possibility that the ultimate ILC solution might be InDiCo + CERN CDS + (either TeamCenter or CERN EDMS). This conversation needs more input from the rest of the committee and technical information from experts on what is possible. When we get the CERN CDS demo, it would be good to have the experts try to address this. We should target the BCD & RDR collaborative documents as well as individual technical notes as the data a CERN CDS would need to handle.

2005.12.07

Progress Report to GDE at Frascati Meeting
Final Version

2005.11.29

Call 1-510-665-5437, Meeting ID#8123
Time: 0730 (SLAC), 0930 (FNAL), 1630 (CERN/DESY), 0030-next day (KEK)

Agenda

Discussion of interim report to GDE
Discussion of ILC Newsline progress report
Discussion of costs associated with Team Center as EDMS for ILC
Discussion of requirements document
Discussion of ILC specific beta testing of candidate products before comitting to a selection
Discussion of an implementation strategy that could yield a working system by 2006.04.01

2005.11.11

Video Meeting: Same information as on 2005.11.08
Time: 0930 (FNAL) , 1630 (CERN/DESY)

Agenda

Demo of DESY Installation of UGS Team Center Enterprise EDMS Product by Lars Hagge.
See the Powerpoint file accompanying the demo.
See the DESY XFEL Project and links to the Registered Meetings page or the page tracking meeting minutes of the XFEL Project Weekly Meeting for examples of how Team Center is being used for meeting management.
DESY has been grappling with the issue of an EDMS for 6 years; 1999-2002 were spent examing the concept and scope required; 2002-2005 were spent implementing and configuring the Team Center product. A total of ~10FTE person-years have been invested.

2005.11.08

Video Meeting: ESNET#885277
Video stream available at http://198.128.3.172 (enter conference id as 885277 and ignore pin
Phone: 1-510-883-7860 extension=meeting id=885277
Agenda as archived in InDiCo
Time: 0930 (FNAL) , 1630 (CERN/DESY)

Agenda

Demo of InDiCo by Thomas Baron
Demo of the CERN EDMS system by David Widigren

2005.10.24

Call 1-510-665-5437, Meeting ID#9186
Time: 0930 (FNAL) , 1630 (CERN/DESY), 2330 (KEK)

Agenda

Discussion of Lars Hagge Draft of ILC EDMS Requirements document

2005.10.07

Call 1-510-665-5437, Meeting ID#7986
Time: 0930 (FNAL) , 1630 (CERN/DESY)
Tom, Rich, Harry & Nobu all at FNAL

Agenda

Discussion of requirements document
Demo of Fermilab installation of UGS Team Center Engineering EDMS product for Tom, Rich & Nobu

Notes

Meeting Summary & Notes

2005.09.19

Call 1-510-665-5437, Meeting ID#4669
Time: 0730 (SLAC), 0930 (FNAL) , 1630 (CERN/DESY), 0030-Tuesday (KEK)

Agenda

Discussion of schedule & work required to meet charge
Discussion of requirements
Discussion of software packages to be considered

Summary

It was agreed to meet aproximately every 2 weeks by phone and to take advantage of travel to meet & discuss. The assembly of a requirements document was considered a prerequisite to any discussion of software packages. Tom agreed to provide a first draft by Monday 2005.09.26.

Action Items